Together we point to Christ by making disciples in the Light of the Gospel.
WHAT IS THE GOSPEL?
The Gospel is the story of how God, by the power of the Spirit, is redeeming and reconciling fallen people and fallen creation from Satan and sin to the Father, through the work of Jesus Christ’s death on the cross, his resurrection from the grave and his future return.
WHAT IS A DISCIPLE?
A disciple is a person who has been reconciled into a saving relationship with God, by repenting of sin and placing faith and trust in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In Matthew 28:19-20, Jesus gives two key qualifications for the making of disciples.
First, he orders baptism, a symbolic initiation into the Christian life in which a believer is immersed in water to give a picture of the new life they have gained from Christ’s death and resurrection.
Second, he orders that disciples be taught all that He commanded.
We make disciples in the Light of the Gospel by being:
God-Focused: We see the Lord for who He is and to respond by making much of Him in all that we do.
- We worship in services that reflect God's total worthiness (Romans 11:36)
- We worship in ways that are as wide and varied as our lives (John 4:24; Matthew 22:37)
- We worship in ways that extend beyond our weekly worship services (Romans 12:1-2)
Gospel-Centered: We operate with the Gospel as the foundation for all that we do.
- We experience and savor a relationship with God as a result of the Gospel's saving power (1 Peter 1:3-5)
- We love one another, serve one another and build one another up in the local church through the lens of the Gospel message (Acts 2:42-47)
- We are a part of God’s global disciple-making plan by spreading and sharing the Gospel message (Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 24:46-48)
Word-Driven: We allow Bible to dictate what we believe, what we treasure, and what we do.
- We line up our plans with God’s plans in His Word, knowing that His plans are already blessed (Ephesians 2:10)
- We teach God’s Word in a disciple-making manner, pointing to Christ and His Gospel with the Scriptures (Matthew 5:19; Matthew 28:18-20)
- We reach out to the lost, the poor, the low and the despised people who are around us because of the Word’s explicit instructions to do so (James 1:27; Micah 6:8)
Spirit-Led: We obediently follow the Holy Spirit as our sovereign and divine Leader.
- We believe that the Spirit of God dwells in the children of God and that He leads us in the way of freedom (Romans 8:9; Galatians 5:1)
- We believe that all God-glorifying direction, fruitfulness, holiness, truthfulness, worship-filled prayer and submissive joy will only occur by the power of the Holy Spirit (John 16:13-15; Galatians 5:16-23)
- We experience victorious living in the power of the Holy Spirit and do not attempt to live under the power of the Law (Romans 7:8-11; Romans 8:14)
We affirm the doctrinal statement of the 2000 The Baptist Faith and Message as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention.